Paradowski Creative | Associate Creative Director/Design
What separates an ACD from an AD, besides the “C”?
No one knows. It’s one of those damned mysteries, like Area 51 and the sport of Curling. (Whereas, everyone knows what separates an AD from a CD: A CD attends 50% more meetings, and is legally required to glower in all headshots with his/her arms crossed.)
At Paradowski, an ACD/Design role includes the best of both worlds. You get to mentor really talented young creatives while still doing actual design. True, you do have more responsibility for making sure concepts live or die. But on the plus side…you do have the responsibility for making sure concepts live or die.
So, what are we looking for? First, you have to be an amazing designer.
But there’s more to it.
Are you constantly curious? Do you love shepherding an idea from concept to production? Are you one of those rare birds who knows selling work well is the key to getting great work done? Do you have a sincere desire to help others succeed and, in so doing, make our agency a truly great place to work?
If you’ve got at least 6-8 years of design/art direction experience, a portfolio that demonstrates progressive growth in both craftsmanship and leadership, we’d love to talk.
• Originate innovative, creative ideas quickly on (often) limited budgets
• Write smart, sparkling, on-strategy copy
• Assist Creative Director in evaluating creative work products
• Translate ideas across various media (TV, Digital, Print, Experiential, Branded Content, Social)
• Maintain and support all company standards
• Periodically lead and coordinate projects
• Serve as a positive example to younger creative staff, especially copywriters
• Perform other duties and projects as assigned
• Strong portfolio that showcases highly conceptual abilities and excellent design skills
• Knowledge of basic content marketing principles
• Ability to professionally engage with and take criticism from clients
• Strong presentation skills with the ability to persuade
• Experience leading projects
• The desire and ability to work collaboratively with a cross-functional team (writers, strategists and developers)
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
• Experience across multiple media (Digital, Print, Video, Branded Content, Social)
Paradowski is a full-service creative agency based in St. Louis, Missouri. If you dropped by the agency right now, you’d find roughly 70+ writers, designers, strategists, producers and developers working on all kinds of amazing stuff. We build brands, campaigns and digital experiences for some of the largest companies on the planet, as well as some of the smallest, not-for-profit organizations. Basically, we do work we believe in for clients we believe in. In 2015 we were named the Fastest Growing Company in St. Louis. Check out the rest of our website to learn more about our culture, philosophy, clients and work.
How To Apply
Please submit a resume, cover letter and work samples to [email protected]