Sterling-Rice Group (SRG) | Director of Strategic Planning – Advertising
This job post has expired
SRG is looking for a Director of Strategic Planning (Account Planning) within our advertising practice. This candidate is someone who will provide leadership, inspiration, and senior-level perspective to craft creative marketing strategies that raise the level of agency work across our clients’ brands.
You’ll balance your time between rolling up your sleeves to collaborate with your account client leads to identify new opportunities and working directly with your creative colleagues to inspire, nurture, and champion work that gets results. As an experienced strategist, you’ll utilize our existing tools and processes while adding your own unique expertise to ours, advancing the role of strategy across the agency, the Insights/Planning/Analytics Group and leading and mentoring others along the way.
Specifically, You’ll Be:
- Developing, refining, and documenting brand and campaign strategies across larger accounts while supporting other smaller accounts
- Listening to our client’s business needs, and delivering strategies that meet and exceed their objectives and KPIs
- Uncovering and interpreting relevant cross-cultural and social trends with a focus on driving brand initiatives across multiple communities
- Fostering a deeper understanding of consumer insights and behaviors and leading the development of consumer profiles for client, creative and strategy teams
- Overseeing, and conducting if necessary, qualitative research including interviews, focus groups, experimental design, or other innovative methodologies
- Uncovering new and unexpected insights and data from resources including Google Analytics, MRI, and other platforms, and weaving them into compelling stories
- Collaborating with Media and Account Comms teams to identify innovative ways to connect with relevant audiences throughout the customer journey
- Creative whisperer: proven experience in helping to create the strategy insight that leads to the magic of long-lasting, game changing advertising.
- Broad experience: Deep yet varied experience across many aspects of strategy: brand, comms, social, paid media, experiential, digital, go to market, etc and across B2C and B2B audiences.
- Cultural curiosity: Strong working knowledge of consumer insight tools and resources that dive deep to uncover hidden cultural norms. The skills to identify and monitor consumer and industry trends (i.e. cultural strategy)
- Strategy leadership: Proven ability to build and document brand and marketing strategies. - Deep experience owning, writing and presenting reports, decks, thought pieces, and other senior level internal and client presentations.
- We love food: Showing your love of food is a serious plus.
Where You’ve Been:
- 10+ years of experience working in strategy or account planning either in a creative agency setting or on the brand side. Preference on being at a strategy director position in recent years.
- Proven success in leading multidisciplinary teams to deliver the highest quality work
Who We Are:
SRG is a brand consultancy and advertising agency that works across the entire lifecycle of a brand. We are an independent, privately held company of 100+ people. We are proudly majority women owned and led, and we have been named a Best Place to Work by Outside Magazine and AdAge.
SRG has a hybrid work environment with headquarters in Boulder, CO. Full-time remote working relationship is negotiable.