Poster Exhibit & Sale: Call for Creatives - @Trailnet
Trailnet, the organization who is leading the fight against the overwhelming tendency of us midwestern folk to keep adding notches in our bible belt, have recently announced a call for creatives in their first poster exhibit & sale.
We're also left scratching our heads a little bit and wondering if this is another case of designploitation; getting hungry creatives to take it in the butt for helping an institution get some free press and $$$:
- Trailnet will own the rights to the work's reproduction.
- They keep the posters after the show? (not 100% clear on this one).
- Giving designers 50% of the sales unless there's postage, then that comes out of the artist's cut.
- You have to pay to go to the ALA Awards Celebration (which is a poster show too?) But you'll get $10 off the ticket because you're an artist and basically will be making a $450 financial contribution to trailnet if every single poster sells.
- It's doubtful every poster will sell at the show because there will be 30 artists with 20-40 posters each at an event that will draw "almost 200 people".
— — — — —
What do you think? Are we being too critical on a positive organization or is this another case of creatives getting the shaft?
Read the Announcement.
Share your thoughts in the comments.
Thanks for the submission, concerned creative citizen.